Today, I am going to do a post involving 5s. Why? I love 5s. I love odd numbers. If you know me well, you know that even numbers annoy me, pretty much when it comes to anything (hello…love triangles, people.) If you feel like using my headers to make your own 5 list, please do, and link back so that I can see the greatness!
5 Jobs That I’d Love To Have (Besides Being a Full-Time Writer):
- Nail Polish Namer. (I love looking at the names they give for nail polishes. They’re always full of character. You need a crazy description? Look at these for inspiration.
- T-shirt Designer: I LOVE t-shirt designs. Really. I do. You can do anything with that medium. (Amaze or offend with them, the possibilities are endless…)
- Writing Consultant: I could brainstorm with people about how to make their fledgling books into full fledged novels all day (I’d just like to be paid for it lol)
- TV idea veto-er: I wish I could save people time with horrible tv shows, or help them take a suck idea and turn it into something amazing. (No, this is not too much like #3. Now I’m talking television. Totally different.)
- Slogan writer: It’s a hobby of mine to think of product branding and slogans for the product. (Hmm, looking at this list, maybe I should have gone into marketing?)
Now the job list is not listed in a particular order, because if it were, #2 would be #1, under writing novels for a living, of course.
5 Blog Themes (1 for each working day of the week)*:
Monday: Music Muse Mondays: name a song and how it inspired your writing on Mondays
Tuesday: Trying to Try Tuesdays: Name something you’re trying to accomplish, small goal to life dream and 5 steps you’re taking to realize that goal (keeps you accountable)
Wednesday: Why Not? Wednesdays: Try something new every week and write about it for Wednesday. Maybe give an example of your trying to see what you can do in a new genre in 5 minutes
Thursday: Thank you Thursdays: You take this time to blog about 5 things that made your life/blog/writing better that week. (links should be provided. Share the love)
Friday: Frankly Fridays: You are frank about something that pisses you off, leaving your weekend to be filled with post-vent happiness.
*This was inspired by Violeta Nedkova’s post on themes which is great and can be seen here.
5 Book Recommendations (on the spot without any prior noodling) all involving YA and crimes:
- Dark Song by Gail Giles
- The Accomplice by Eireann Corrigan
- The Rag and the Bone Shop by Robert Cormier
- We All Fall Down by Robert Cormier
- Tenderness by Robert Cormier
Yes, I used him 3 times on this list. Yes, I agree, I should become one of his cheerleaders in an official capacity.
So share the love and write your own lists (and share the links here). Psst, pass it on…
Now to leave you with a song to write by, “Girl Like You” by Edwyn Collins. I can’t hear this song without trying to do the twist (standing or sitting). True story.