Monday, January 3, 2011

Blogging Courtship and Subject Sluttiness


 
This is the first blog I’ve ever made that I intended to keep. I already wrote a little bit about myself in the “About Me” section located at the bottom, but seeing as this is the first ever Writtled blog post, I guess I should talk about myself a little bit to start the blog off “right.”

I was worried that I wouldn’t have too much to say on this thing, but as I brainstorm ideas for what I want this blog to be, it seems like the problem is that I have too many ideas and not enough focus. I read people’s writings about “how to do a blog” and whatnot, but basically they boil down to:
  • write about what you like to read;
  • research blogs that you read
  • and write about that subject…just differently.

Well, all I read is writing/creativity blogs: blogs about reviews of people’s writing, literary agent blogs, blogs about wannabe writers trying to make it, blogs about writers who already have made it…writing, writing, and then a little bit of writing when I’m done. Is that all I want to write about—writing? I’m not sure.

My guess is that this blog will be slightly eclectic, which is a pretty way for saying I’m not able to commit to one writing style and one succinct subject matter. I rather:
  • date a few subjects without fully settling down
  • put up what I feel like
  • doodle a little
  • dream out loud (this time with internet lurky witnesses and not just crazily in the streets)
  • talk about some music
  • review a few things (like books and possible ebooks which I’d love for people to send me—look at the contact page for more info or email me)
  • ,and write about writing.

After I’ve let a few things woo me (and maybe you, the now fictional but soon *crosses fingers* completely real reader), I’ll commit to something, go steady with a subject officially, and have a blog baby. Hopefully I’ll gain a few friends and meet a couple goals in the mean time---and become more of a rock-star writer in the process (that’s the dreaming out loud coming through already…somehow…).

Write me, give me feedback, give me material (to review, to rant about, to praise, to puzzle over), and I will appreciate you forever…or, you know, for a while (a long one).

Many thanks in advance, and my first goal is to post often, which I hope isn’t the version of saying Macbeth out loud concerning blogging…

1 comment: